How to Detox Your Body?
Studying at college or university is complicated. However, there are things which can be simply intolerable for some people and one of those things often is keeping a good contact with your neighbors. It is known that in the dormitories often live students of simple background, the ones who came from the countryside. Each person has their own objectives and ambitions, but the main issue for everyone seems to be is to emphasize their importance in the new micro-society. Because of that, it is often difficult to avoid conflicts. But there are some tips you can use to prevent this place from becoming the reason for stress.
Here are some things you can do to make the accommodation in the college dorm more comfortable.
- Organize a party for new neighbors. It is a great chance to introduce yourself and demonstrate that you want to make new friends. It is not necessary to have a grand feast. Consider your budget as well as guests’ preferences: chances are bigger they enjoy chips and coke or beer than some homemade food.
- The smartest person in the block will probably face difficulties while adapting to new society, as students often do not like people focused just on studies. If you want to become a part of the community, you should sometimes join in some fun activities.
- A great thing about college is that you have no separation according to the amount of money that your parents have because everyone can attend any classes they prefer. No one has any privileges and everyone has to live by the rules of mutual respect. So you should not feel like an outsider if you lack money as well as you should not feel better than others of your parents make millions. Just be yourself and express yourself the way you like and you will eventually make new friends.
- It is better to make friends with your roommates first. This will help you understand and respect each other faster and easier.
- It is very important to look for a compromise with your roommates. If you do so, it will be easier to adapt in a new society. And if you adapt quickly to someone you live with, your further college life will be much more comfortable. Your new friends will help you solve certain problems, get out of difficult situations, and give you advice when it is needed.
You should understand that the student community is not simply a place for temporary residence for students, but it is also storage of memories, traditions, and experience. Many graduates say that a student who did not live in a dorm has not experienced real college life.